Answers to the most commonly asked questions by employers are listed below and grouped according to topic.
- About Our Events
- About Registration
- At the Fair - Logistics
About Our Events | Employer — Back to top
1. What is The Big East Career Consortium? — Back to top
Representatives from the career services offices of the 16 Big East Conference schools join together to plan recruiting events for our students.
2.What is the Big East Career Fair? — Back to top
It is an annual career fair in New York’s Madison Square Garden conducted during the Big East Conference Basketball Tournament. There will be over 200 organizations attending.
3. How many candidates do you expect? — Back to top
Typically we have over 1500 students and alums from our schools attend the career fair.
4. What majors can we expect at this event? — Back to top
You can expect to see candidates with a variety of majors at this event including: business, engineering and liberal arts. For specific information, please review our Attendance Statistics.
5.What is the Big East Virtual Fair? — Back to top
A virtual fair is an entirely Internet based job fair. Thousands of students and alumni from Big East colleges and universities will be invited to use the virtual fair to search for summer, co-op, or internship positions.
- Employers submit information about their organizations and hiring needs.
- Candidates search for positions online and submit resumes directly to employers, chat online and/or arrange video conferencing.
- Virtual Fair events and details are noted on our homepage.
About Registration | Employer —Back to top
1. Do Non-Profit and Government Agencies receive a discount? — Back to top
Yes. The registration fee is $500.00 for all non-profit and government agencies.
2. What if I don’t know my job information or names of attendees at the time I register? — Back to top
You may use the link in your confirmation email to edit your registration information at a later time. If you are not able to anticipate your hiring needs, you may want to encourage candidates to your booth by indicating the majors that you would like to meet with at the event.
3. What if I need to cancel? — Back to top
Refunds will not be processed after February 11, 2013 by 5:00 PM EST. A $50.00 processing fee will be assessed.
4. What recruiting options exist for schools unable to attend? — Back to top
You might want to consider participating in the Big East Virtual Fair. Check the homepage for Virtual Fair dates. You can also contact the employer relations staff at the individual Big East Career Consortium Schools.
At the Fair: Logistics | Employer — Back to top
1. When should recruiters arrive and leave the conference? — Back to top
Candidates will arrive at 10:00 am. It is suggested that employers set up between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
All employers are expected to stay for the duration of this event or until 3:00 pm.
2. How is the career fair structured? — Back to top
The career fair runs from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm and is set up in the classic career fair format. Breakout rooms are available in a separate location if you are interested in conducting interviews. A continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided.
3. Are electrical outlets available? — Back to top
A limited number of electrical outlets will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Please indicate your needs on the registration form, as we need to have this information in advance of the fair.