Listed below are the most commonly asked questions by students considering attending the Big East Career Fair. Questions are grouped by category.
- About the Fair
- After the Fair
Registration | Student — Back to top
1. Who is eligible to attend? — Back to top
Without exception only students and alumni from the 16 Big East Conference schools noted in this website are eligible to attend. Career Services staff from each of these schools plans the event for our students.
2. How can I register? — Back to top
Click on the registration button for students and follow the instructions.
3. Is there a registration fee? — Back to top
4. Can I attend if I don’t register online? — Back to top
Yes, walk-ins are accepted the day of the event.
5. Will I receive a registration confirmation? — Back to top
You will receive 2 confirmations, one will be emailed and one will be displayed directly after you submit your online application.
Preparation | Student — Back to top
1. How long does the fair last? — Back to top
You may speak with employers of your choice at any time during the fair hours, from 10 - 3. Familiarize yourself with the employers and prioritize a list of those tables you want to visit first.
2. Do I have to stay all day? — Back to top
Organizations from all types of industries and career fields will attend the career fair. Click on the link of attending organizations to see a list of organizations, their organization description, opportunities in Full-Time, Part-Time and Co-Op positions and what majors they are seeking to hire.
3. What organizations will attend the fair and what majors are they seeking? — Back to top
Keep checking the list, as we expect new organizations to register each day leading up to the fair. Although the deadline for employer registration is February 22, 2013, changes may still occur up to the day before the event. So be sure to check the list of attending organizations close to the date of the event.
4. What time should I arrive? — Back to top
Any time during fair hours which are from 10 – 3. Employers will be leaving at 3:00, so be sure to arrive early and with enough time to visit with employers.
Logistics | Student — Back to top
1. Where can I get information about accommodations, transportation, and directions? — Back to top
Please check the Logistics section of the website.
Offers | Student — Back to top
1. What if I am made an offer? — Back to top
You do not have to accept on the spot; ask for time to think about the offer and discuss it with significant others and with your Career Center staff.
After the Fair | Student — Back to top
1. Should I follow up with any of the employer? — Back to top
Send a thank you letter or email message thanking them for their time at the career day. Restate your interest to those employers in which you are particularly interested. Include a copy of your resume.